A 1 carat diamond ring is the most common choice of diamond regarding weight. Some individuals may not have any idea what a 1 carat diamond ring actual size is. Therefore, given below is a short guide to understand more about this topic.
- Round Cut: Diameter of around 6.5 mm
- Square Asscher and Princess Cut: Side length of 5.5 mm
- Cushion and Radiant Cut: 6.0 to 6.5 mm x 5.0 to 5.5 mm
- Emerald Cut: 6.5 mm length and 5 mm width
- Pear and Oval Cut: 8.0 to 8.5 mm length and 5.0 to 5.5 mm width
- Marquise Cut: 10 mm length and 5 mm width
Note that some diamond shapes look bigger than others do, even when they have the same carat weight. For instance, a square Asscher diamond will look larger than a narrow marquise diamond. If you have wide fingers, you can choose an elongated shape, whereas wider shapes will be apt for slim fingers.
Yet another factor that affects the diamond size is the settings. Prong settings leave most of the stone visible, thereby providing the appearance of a larger stone as compared to bezel settings that cover the sides of the stone making it look like a small stone.