The durability of this stone is good and it has a 9/10 rating in Mohs scale, though it needs some care.
What to Note While Wearing Ruby Rings
Even though the ring is hard and less prone to easy breakage, scratch, or damage, it does not necessarily mean that the ring will never get damaged. You need to remove your ruby diamond rings when doing house chores like cooking and cleaning. Moreover, make sure not to expose your ring to any harsh chemicals either.
In addition to preventing it from being damaged, it will be good to clean your ruby diamond rings occasionally so that it does not lose its shine. Given below are some steps you can follow to clean the diamond ruby ring.
- Take a bowl of warm water and add a dishwashing liquid or some soap into it.
- Soak your ruby ring in this solution for 20 minutes.
- Take it out and clean the ruby stone using a soft cloth or a toothbrush. Make sure it does not affect the settings of the ring.
- Clean the ruby ring using a lint-free cloth.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and dry it with a cloth.