The thing you need to take care of is keeping the cleaning solution fresh each time you dip into it. There are plenty of products, which help you ensure this, so buy one and then do the following.
- Fill a cleansing container with warm water and add 10 drops of the concentrated cleaner to it. What you get from this is much better than the soap water people usually tell you to go with.
- Place the ring in this container and start brushing it with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Ensure that you get underneath the stone while brushing, as well as between the prongs.
- Rinse the ring thoroughly so that none of the solutions remains on it.
- Take a lint free cloth and dab-dry the ring, just the way you would a diamond-set ring.