Feeling like a getaway for you and all of your guests? Check out our picks for some amazing locations that will make for the dreamiest backdrop for your wedding. Here are some reasons we think a destination wedding is a great idea:
- It's the best idea for those who want to start their honeymoon vibes somewhat earlier. Yes, the stress of the wedding will linger, but what better way to relax than to see waves crashing in Hawaii or lights flashing on the Eiffel Tower?
- Your guests will love an excuse to visit somewhere new and take time off of their hectic lives and schedules and celebrate something fun.
- Might save you some money. Depending on the venue and number of guests, your destination wedding might save you from paying for guests who would normally have made it to a local wedding venue. Not that you won't miss them, but often times a destination wedding limits the number of guests attending, thus making everything more intimate and thus cost-effective.
- Extends 1 day into a few. You prep for a year and it all ends in one day. The destination wedding makes the whole experience last longer. From the rehearsal dinner to a few more nights with friends and family allows you the feeling of a 3-day wedding extravaganza.
Here are some swoon worthy locations to choose from:
- Caribbean , Antigua - The beaches are crystal clear and the sand is soft between your toes. With a variety of all-inclusive resorts and villas to choose from, Antigua is a great jet-set location that will have your guests RSVPing yes!
- Italy, Amalfi Coast - There is no where on this Earth more romantic than the Amalfi Coast. Positano, Sorrento, Capri and Amalfi are just a few of the small villages you can have your ceremony. With historic churches and rustic villas, the Amalfi coast might be the most lux and memorable place to say, "I do."
- United Kingdom, Ireland - Definitely unique and fairytale inspired, Ireland can boast for some amazing wedding experiences. From castles and museums to pubs and plays, you and your guests will find plenty of activities to occupy time between wedding events.
- New Zealand, Wellington - Green landscapes and golden beaches are just some of the locations that will impress your guests. With so many outdoor activities to choose from, your options are endless. The warmest months are December, January, and February, which makes it a great idea for those looking to get married during the holidays.
- California, Napa-Valley: Vineyards for miles and luxury bed and breakfasts, this northern location is ideal for a quiet and peaceful wedding location. Remote and lovely, Napa-Valley and Sonoma County has Pinterest worthy wedding pictures written all over it. Appreciate the endless valleys of grape vines and tuck yourselves away for candlelight dinners outside.
Hope these suggestions were inspiring. Happy Travels!